EyeQ Optometrists Mackay is a respected optometry practice that has provided eye care for the people of the Mackay region since 2002. Our optometrists and support team offer exceptional customer service and strive to deliver the best eyecare service using the best technology to examine our patient’s eyes and recommend the latest innovative products for best vision.
This Optical Assistant vacancy is perfect for someone with a friendly and caring nature that has a passion for delivering high level customer service. The position can be part time or casual and hours will be determined during the interview stage for the right candidate.
Key Accountability Areas & Related Responsibilities
• Provide friendly and efficient reception service and general practice administration duties to ensure the very best patient experience
• Maintain a high level of housekeeping in the practice including overall presentation and cleanliness
• Assist patients in the selection of spectacles that not only meet their needs/desires, but also look great
• Standard optical workshop procedures including fitting of spectacles and spectacle repairs.
• Previous experience within the optical industry is advantageous but not mandatory as relevant training will be provided
• Must be available to work Saturday mornings
• Willingness to work in a team with a positive can-do attitude
• Excellent customer service, organisation and communication skills with a professional phone manner.
Please note the successful candidate will need to ensure they meet the requirements under the Queensland Government’s ‘Workers in a healthcare setting (COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements) Direction’.
If you share our love of helping people and making a difference, this position could be for you. We offer excellent remuneration and career benefits, whilst also providing personal and professional development in a friendly team environment.
To apply, please send your resume and details to Amaryllis O’Hara at firstname.lastname@example.org.