Candidates are invited to apply for a place in the 2013 Cataract and Refractive Surgery programme at the University of Sydney.
The Graduate Diploma and Masters degrees, both internationally recognised for their high standards of refractive surgical teaching, now offer improved flexibility and affordability, which means students can:
- gain experience and expertise in the latest corneal and intraocular techniques, including femtosecond lens surgery, via workshop and clinical teaching formats
- apply for recognition of prior learning for Ophthalmic Anatomy and Ophthalmic Optics, reducing the cost of the programme by up to 50 per cent
- choose to undertake clinical experience locally (through auditing and mentoring) or by completing an intensive two-week programme in Sydney at the end of the year. This provides an opportunity to complete the entire degree remotely
Professor Gerard Sutton established and continues to lead The Cataract and Refractive programme. Other key contributors include:
- Dr. Michael Lawless – Lecturer and unit coordinator
- Dr. John Males – Lecturer and unit coordinator
- Dr. Colin Chan – Lecturer and unit coordinator
- Dr. Nicholas Karunaratne – Tutor
- Dr. Ravinder Singh – Tutor
Applications for Semester One, 2013 are now being accepted and close on the 31 January 2013.
For further information about the diploma and masters programmes phone Rebecca Stoop, Coordinator (Postgraduate Education) on (AUS) 02 9382 7284 or click here.