Applications are now open for the Australian College of Optometry Certificate in Ocular Therapeutics (ACO–COT) which commences on 17 April. This will be the only Certificate in Ocular Therapeutics run by the College in 2017.
The ACO therapeutics course is accredited by the Optometry Council of Australia and New Zealand (OCANZ) and approved by the Optometry Board of Australia (OBA). Successful completion of the ACO Certificate in Ocular Therapeutics (ACO-COT) enables scheduled medicines endorsement for registered optometrists in Australia and New Zealand.
According to the ACO, its COT achieves a high level of satisfaction from participants with feedback indicating that 100 per cent of 2016 graduates felt their course expectations were achieved or exceeded and 95 per cent saying they would recommend ACO–COT to others.
John Adam, who completed the course in 2016 said, “On a daily basis, I felt that the course made me more enthusiastic about work and meant I thought more closely about what I did. I feel it has made me a better optometrist.”
Features of the Certificate
• Flexible delivery comprising online lectures
• Live, interactive webinars
• Self-paced independent learning
• e-learning materials
• Local clinical placements within Australia and/or New Zealand
• High level of support provided by the ACO
• Online forums and networking opportunities
• A range of topics including general principles of disease and ocular diseases and therapeutic management
• Presented by an expert team from universities and clinical practices across Australia and New Zealand
• Ideal for rural or remote optometrists and those balancing work and family commitments
• 80 CPD points upon successful completion of the Certificate
• Cost effective
For details visit aco.org.au/professional-development/ocular-therapeutics-course