Nominations are invited for the prestigious SILMO International Optician of the Year Award.
This innovative award, first given in 2018, recognises the importance of the optician in the optical business and their role in the choice of optimum products for their clientele.
As well as being a qualified dispensing optical dispenser in their country of practice, the winner of this award will display:
- Professionalism – the patient is at the heart of their business and receives excellent care.
- Excellent communication skills – both personally and via social media.
- Entrepreneurial spirit – with solid business acumen highlighted through the success of their enterprise.
- Innovation – within their business model / product offer / shop design.
- Specialisation – with a reputation in a specific branch of optics.
- Creativity – both in the products they offer and the way they practice.
- Engagement – with the profession, the community, charitable endeavours and industry.
- Advocacy – championing the profession of dispensing.
Nominations are due by 31 May 2022… As well as the award, the winner will win a trip to Silmo 2023
Worldwide Nominations Invited
This annual award is an initiative of the International Opticians Association (IOA), an international body dedicated to the enhancement and development of the profession worldwide. IOA is a strategic partner with Silmo in the development of the profession worldwide.
Fiona Anderson, IOA President said, “We are looking forward to reading entries from outstanding opticians from around the world, and are thrilled to be returning to Silmo in September to announce the winner”.
IOA members, country members and industry partners can nominate optical dispensers worldwide. These people will be contacted and asked to fill in a dossier. The dossiers will be scrutinised by a panel made up of a number of industry experts. A shortlist will be established and the winner will be announced during the prestigious Silmo d’Or ceremony in Paris France.
Nominations are due by 31 May 2022.
As well as the award, the winner will win a trip to Silmo 2023 (economy air fare and hotel).
To find out more visit: www.ioassn.org/award.