Preparations for O-Show22 are underway as over 70 exhibiting companies get ready to present the latest optical products and services at the trade fair taking place 27-28 May, in Sydney.
The two-day trade fair, with accompanying workshops, will feature live equipment demonstrations with specialist staff on-hand to answer in-depth questions and provide tips to assist attendees with business planning.
The two-day trade fair, with accompanying workshops, will feature live equipment demonstrations with specialist staff on-hand to answer in-depth questions and provide tips to assist attendees with business planning
Jarrod Power, Associate Product Manager at Devices Technologies, says his company is looking forward to showcasing their vast range of equipment, including chairs, stands and slit-lamps, as well as optical coherence tomography (OCT) tools for managing myopia and dry eye.
“At O-show we’ll be offering on-booth consultations for optimising patient flow by planning practice spaces and the use of efficient technologies to make the most of what you have,” said Mr Power.
This year, ODMA, in conjunction with Young Optometrists, will show their support of independent practices with a 90-minute workshop packed with tips and a business model for those considering starting their own practice.
Kathy Allen, SYOP presenter, said, “The model is a powerful tool for optometrists starting their own practice. They can use it to determine things such as how many patients they need to see a day to cover their costs or to make a certain amount of profit. They can then identify the impact, on the bottom line, of seeing one more patient per day, or selling an extra pair of frames per day.”
Further Topics to Explore
The Spotlight Stage will feature free presentations on the following topics:
- Your Patient Experience in Today’s Digital Age
- 3D Printed Customised Eyewear
- The Latest in Eyewear Fashion Trends
- Meeting Contemporary Practice Needs with Voluntary CPD
- Choosing a Frame for Your Client’s Face Type
- Easy Ways to Drive Costs Down and Increase Profits
- Building Instant Rapport for Increased Sales
- Digital Refraction and Digital Lens Designs
- I.G. VISION – Biometric Intelligent Glasses
As well as this, Masterclass sessions will offer great information for quality dispensing as well as essential skills for optical retail staff. Topics include:
- Accurate measurements for optical dispensers
- Tips for performing visual fields
- Ocular Emergencies and Triaging
- What is Glare and How Do You Reduce It?
- Ocular Imaging for Front of House Staff
Registration Still Open
Over 500 optometrists, dispensers, business owners and practice staff have confirmed their attendance, with event organisers encouraging others to also register in advance.
A list of hotel accommodation deals for interstate visitors can be found at o-show.com.au.