Specsavers has organised a star-studded line up of speakers for its first Clinical Conference, which will be held at the Sofitel Hotel in Melbourne on Thursday 18 May, the day before Southern Regional Congress.
The line-up includes:
• FRANZCO Dr. Alex Harper, the Head of the Medical Retina Clinic at the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital,
• FRANZCO Prof. Jonathan G. Crowston, Head of Glaucoma Research Unit and the Managing Director at the Centre for Eye Research Australia,
• Prof. Charles McGhee – the Maurice Paykel Professor and Head of Department of Ophthalmology, and the Director of the New Zealand National Eye Centre, University of Auckland, New Zealand,
• FRANZCO Prof. Mark Gillies –Director of the Macular Research Group and the Save Sight Institute at University of Sydney,
• Professor Nathan Efron – Research Professor, Queensland University of Technology,
• FRANZCO Dr. Robert Paul, Medical Director WA Laser Eye Centre and
• Associate Professor Jamie Craig – Coordinator Glaucoma Services at
Flinders University in South Australia.
Speaking of the high profile guest speakers, Peter Larsen, Managing Director at Specsavers said, “We believe you can never have enough insight and this is an opportunity for us to give our optometrists access to the best and brightest clinical minds.”