The Optometrists Association of Victoria is urging optoms to prepare ahead of this year’s Southern Regional Congress (SRC) by taking advantage of new initiatives – the SRC CPD Planning Guide and an SRC App.
The Planning Guide was developed to help delegates choose and schedule the educational sessions they wish to attend ahead of time. In doing so, organisers say, delegates can maximise opportunities to gain CPD points and take advantage of all the conference ‘extras’ such as the Trade Expo and the social events.
Additionally, there is an SRC App, which allows delegates to create personalised programs on their smart phones and iPads. The SRC App provides a trade expo floorplan and a live Twitter feed.
Both the Planning Guide and the SRC App are available to be downloaded from www.optometrists.asn.au/Victoria. Click the SRC logo.
Additionally, there is an SRC App, which allows delegates to create personalised programs on their smart phones and iPads
This year’s SRC will feature keynote speakers: Dr. Jill Autry and Dr. Mark Dunbar, from the US, and Alan Saks, a New Zealand based optometrist who is a go-to guy on all to do with advanced contact lens practice.
• Professor Nathan Efron will speak on expanding optometry’s role in managing diabetes;
• Associate Professor Mark Roth will present an interactive therapeutics session to stretch your knowledge and confidence as
• During the Grand Rounds you’ll hear challenging cases presented by your peers;
• Associate Professor Erica Fletcher will present on inherited eye disease; and
• Professor Robyn Guymer and Dr. Sanj Wickeremasinghe will present the latest in macular degeneration.
Legally blind photographer Erica Tandori will be the guest speaker on Saturday’s program.
To access the planning guide and education schedule, visit www.optometrists.asn.au/Victoria and click on the SRC logo.
SRC is held from the 19 – 21 May at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.