Alcon has launched the Air Optix Plus HydraGlyde, a new monthly replacement contact lens, that brings together SmartShield Technology and HydraGlyde Moisture Matrix.
According to Alcon, SmartShield Technology is a patented, ultra-thin protective shield that helps the lens resist lipid deposits and delivers outstanding wettability.1-4 It also helps the lens resist changes from everyday cosmetic product use.5 HydraGlyde Moisture Matrix is a wetting agent specifically designed for silicone hydrogel lenses that helps attract lens surface moisture and retain lens surface hydration.3,4 In an in vitro study, Air Optix plus HydraGlyde contact lenses provided longer-lasting wettability after 16 hours, proving its ability to provide lens surface moisture benefits and lens surface hydration.3,4
Contact: Alcon Account Manager
1. Nash W, Gabriel M, Mowrey-Mckee M. A comparison of various silicone hydrogel lenses; lipid and protein deposition as a result of daily wear. Optom Vis Sci. 2010;87:E-abstract 105110.
2. Nash W & Gabriel M. Ex vivo analysis of cholesterol deposition for commercially available silicone hydrogel contact lenses using a fluorometric enzymatic assay. Eye & Contact Lens. 2014; 40(5): 277-282.
3. Alcon data on file, 2014.
4. In vitro study over 16 hours to measure wetting substantivity; Alcon data on file, 2015.
5. Luensmann D, Yu M, Yang J, Srinivasan S, Jones L. Impact of cosmetics on the physical dimension and optical performance of silicone hydrogel contact lenses. Eye Contact Lens. 2015;41:218-227.