The Cornea & Contact Lens Society of Australia (CCLSA) has existed since 1962 and today is one of the longest standing societies of its type in the world, with a great reputation. With members from optometry, ophthalmology and industry, supporting collegial interactions and networking, this is indeed a unique society.
The CCLSA offers resources, mentoring, CPD, events and meetings, covering all aspects of the cornea, contact lenses and anterior segment. This includes but is not limited to ortho-k, myopia, topography, ASOCT, imaging, CL fitting, design, manufacture, lens wear/care, all soft and RGP lenses, corneal grafts, keratoconus, refractive and cataract surgery management, red eyes, ulcers and all aspects of therapeutics, lids, dry eye, ocular surface and much more!
With members from optometry, ophthalmology and industry, supporting collegial interactions and networking, this is indeed a unique society
• During the COVID-19 crisis the CCLSA has been proactive in disseminating critical information. On 30 March, the Society hosted an inaugural landmark webinar, attracting record registrations of over 2500 delegates and achieving excellent feedback. On 11 May, the CCLSA hosted a webinar which offered attendees a brief COVID-19 update, along with presentations and panel discussions on contact lenses and lens care.
• A CCLSA Position Statement on safe contact lens wear and care during COVID-19 was extremely well received as was a Business Survival Guide, including health and safety tips, for members.
• A supply of face masks was secured for members.
You can stay up to date via regular updates on the CCLSA’s Facebook page which hosts useful information, links, papers, education and more. www.facebook.com/CCLSAus/
Join the CCLSA Today
Membership benefits include:
• Discounted registration for CCLSA state and national events, meetings and webinars,
• Discounted registration for the International Cornea and Contact Lens Society conference in Sydney, from 15–17 May,
• Special interest groups and fellowships,
• Regular e-blasts and substantial quarterly newsletters,
• Annual research scholarships, with over $600,000 provided by CCLSA since 1973, and
• Member-only resources
The CCLSA’s recent activities have seen a surge in membership applications. Whether you are a student, ophthalmologist, optometrist, industry partner or a lapsed member, you are welcome to join. Register or find out more here.
Membership Fees (AU$ per year)
• 1st year graduate $55
• 2nd year graduate $110
• Part-time/non-practicing $110
• Full membership $220
• Students FREE