Cationorm (cationic nanoemulsion) is a new preservative-free, hydrating and lubricating emulsion which protects the eye surface, reducing the discomfort and irritation of persistent dry eye caused by prolonged use of contact lenses, or environmental conditions.1
Cationorm’s triple action repairs the lipid layer to reduce evaporation, lubricate and stabilise the tear film; restore the balance of moisture in the muco-aqueous layer of the tear film; and heal the ocular surface, providing long-lasting protection.2-5
Cationorm is suitable for use with contact lenses and is conveniently delivered via a preservative-free multidose bottle or single dose ampoules.6 Cationorm can be administered as one drop, up to four times daily, in the affected eye(s).6
Patients should be instructed to always read the instructions for use, and if symptoms persist, to talk to their health professional.
PBS Information: Cationorm Multi Dose (10mL). Authority required (streamlined) 6172. Refer to PBS Schedule for full authority information.
Cationorm (30 x 0.4mL) is not listed on the PBS.
Contact: Good Optical Services (AUS) 03 9645 1066 or email@example.com
For more information on Cationorm, contact Seqirus Medical Information
(AUS) 1800 642 865 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seqirus (Australia) Pty Ltd. Date of preparation: September 2021. ANZ-Cati-21-0077.
1. Therapeutic Goods Administration. Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods – Public Summary Seqirus Pty Ltd – Lubricant, eye. [cited 2021; Available from: https://www.ebs.tga.gov.au/servlet/xmlmillr6?dbid=ebs/PublicHTML/pdfStore.nsf&docid=406945E40B6D2CA4CA25843C0042145B&agid=(PrintDetailsPublic)&actionid=1.
2. Lallemand, F., et al., Successfully improving ocular drug delivery using the cationic nanoemulsion, novasorb. J Drug Deliv, 2012. 2012: p. 604204.
3. Daull, P., F. Lallemand, and J.S. Garrigue, Benefits of cetalkonium chloride cationic oil-in-water nanoemulsions for topical ophthalmic drug delivery. J Pharm Pharmacol, 2014. 66(4): p. 531-41.
4. Amrane, M., et al., Ocular tolerability and efficacy of a cationic emulsion in patients with mild to moderate dry eye disease – a randomised comparative study. J Fr Ophtalmol, 2014. 37(8): p. 589-98.
5. Robert, P.Y., et al., Efficacy and safety of a cationic emulsion in the treatment of moderate to severe dry eye disease: a randomized controlled study. Eur J Ophthalmol, 2016. 26(6): p. 546-555.
6. Cationorm product package.