Alcon has launched an advertising campaign to promote Dailes Total1 contact lenses directly to CL wearers in Australia and New Zealand.
‘The lens that feels like nothing’1 campaign aims to drive consumers into practices and raise the awareness of contact lenses. It comprises of television advertising, point of sale, and digital ads online and in shopping centres. Additionally, a redemption program will see 2,000 consumers who purchase any two x 90 lenses of Dailies Total1 receive a $100 eftpos or visa gift card.
Dailies Total1, launched in April 2014, is the world’s first and only water gradient contact lens,2 featuring the highest Dk/t of any daily disposable contact lens,3 and exceptional comfort from the beginning until the end of the day.4
The new campaign has been developed for Australia and New Zealand. It follows on from Alcon’s ‘More contact time’ awareness campaign, which ran from October 2015 to June 2016.
Visuals for the new campaign emphasise Dailies Total’s unique water gradient material, which, according to Alcon, creates a “cushion of moisture” and patients experiencing a contact lens that feels like nothing on the eye.
The Campaign Comprises:
- Redemption program: Purchasers of two packs of 90 lenses of Dailies Total1 who request redemption will receive a $100 eftpos card (Australia) and $100 Visa gift card (New Zealand). There are 2,000 eftpos or visa gift cards available for redemption from 28 October 2016 to 27 January 2017.
- Television advertising: For the first time, television advertising will be broadcast in key cities across Australia and New Zealand. The campaign runs through to the end of April 2017.
- Digital advertising: Dailies Total1 brand and in store promotion advertisements will run on targeted sites from November 2016 to March 2017. All advertisements will direct patients into optometry practices.
- Outdoor panel advertising: Large panels placed in over 300 shopping centres throughout all key cities and states in Australia and New Zealand will promote the campaign from November 2016 – December 2016.
- In practice support material: Various sizes of posters, an A4 counter card, post cards and promotion entry form outlining the details of the redemption program are available, along with practice marketing tools including a patient letter, digital banner and digital video.
1. Alcon PEACE Survey 2014.
2. Thekveli S, Qui Y, Kapoor Y, et al. Structure – property relationship of delefilcon A lenses. Cont Len Anterior Eye, 2012; 35 (Supp 1):e14
3. Based on the ratio of lens oxygen transmissibility among daily disposable contact lenses; Alcon data on file, 2010.
4. Alcon data on file, 2011. In a randomised, subject masked clinical study (n=104).